State Administrative Tribunal logo
State Administrative Tribunal
State Administrative Tribunal

Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Support

Information for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who need to resolve a legal problem at SAT.

What is SAT?

To learn more about what SAT can assist you with, click here: Get Started (

How is SAT different to court?

  • SAT is much more informal than court. You do not need a lawyer and are encouraged to speak for yourself.
  • You and other parties will be asked to tell your side of the story. SAT will then decide what is fair based on what you and the other party tell the Tribunal Member.
  • SAT will make orders which everyone has to follow and respect.

We offer the following services to assist Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people:

Where to get Legal Help:

  • The Aboriginal Legal Service of WA (ALSWA) is a not-for-profit organisation that provides legal services for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples in WA. For more information about services, visit ASLWA's website or call 1800 019 900.
  • For other assistance, please click here: Legal Help and Advice Services (

Senior Aboriginal Advisory Officer - Simone Collard

As a Noongar woman, Simone is committed to promoting cultural awareness and assisting Aboriginal people by improving services to achieve better outcomes.

Simone has extensive experience in community and engagement work, having supported the development of numerous programs in the past for Aboriginal people. She has collaborated with various organisations and the community to ensure that the workplace and programs are culturally appropriate, inclusive and demonstrate aspects of two-way learning.

In her previous role, Simone has also advocated for the shared knowledge of Noongar language within the workplace as well as through various programs.

Simone has served as a committee member for the Western Australian Adult Literacy Council aiming to raise awareness and improve services for Aboriginal people to develop and gain literacy and numeracy skills.

If you would like the assistance of the Tribunal's Senior Aboriginal Advisory Officer for your matter, please contact us on 9219 3111.



Last updated: 11 September 2023

[ back to top ]