State Administrative Tribunal

Outside SAT's scope

Some of the matters that are not handled by SAT are listed here.

Consumer and fair trading complaints - contact the Department of Commerce.

Criminal Injuries - contact the Office of Criminal injuries Compensation Office of Criminal Injuries Compensation (

Discrimination complaints - contact the Equal Opportunity Commission Equal Opportunity Commission (

Environmental Protection Act 1986 appeals - contact the Office of the Appeals Convenor Office of the Appeals Convenor - Home

Industrial relations, employment practices, worker's compensation, common law entitlements - contact the Department of Commerce.

Mental health reviews - contact the Mental Health Tribunal. (Appeals against the decisions of the MHT come to SAT.)

Racing penalties - contact the Racing, gaming and liquor Racing, gaming and liquor | DLGSC

Residential tenancy disputes - contact the Department of Commerce for information on or the Magistrates Court website to lodge an application.

Town planning, building approvals and other local government approvals - contact the relevant WALGA - WA Online Local Government Directory | WALGA (SAT deals with appeals arising from these types of decisions.)

Vocational complaints - complaints are dealt with by the relevant vocational board that may refer a matter to SAT if there are proper grounds for doing so. See Vocational Regulation.

Vocational matters - for matters relating to prison officers, emergency services personnel and auctioneers - contact the relevant Government department.

Last updated: 24-Jun-2021

[ back to top ]