Under the Adoption Act 1994, the CEO of the Department of Communities can review decisions by the following entities, and SAT can in turn review the CEO’s decisions:
- persons to whom the CEO has delegated the function of conducting adoption services,
- the adoption applications committee, or
- a private adoption agency.
Under the Adoption Regulations 1995, SAT can review decisions by:
- the Minister for Child Protection in relation to a licence to conduct adoption services;
- the State Central Authority in relation to an application for accreditation;
- the CEO in relation to a licence to conduct contact and mediation services.
Last updated: 2 June 2022
[ back to top ]